Help & information for all healthcare professionals
Thank you for visiting the Fight Bladder Cancer website.
Fight Bladder Cancer is a patient- and carer-run charity, but we know that we can only make a difference by working alongside our friends in the medical profession. We have a very robust Medical Advisory Panel and value our relationships with people and organisations that care about bladder cancer.
Patient Information Booklets
To order your Patient Information Booklet folder for Medical Professionals, please complete this form: https://www.tfaforms.com/4857974
We are now dispatching the folders and these will give you clear instructions on how you can order the appropriate booklets for your patients. These will be sent via email or post to your patients directly from our HQ in Oxfordshire.
We work with all healthcare professionals that have an interest in bladder cancer.
Working with Primary Care to:
- Raise awareness of the known causes of bladder cancer
- Raise awareness of the symptoms of bladder cancer and to encourage timely visits to GP surgeries.
- Assist GP surgeries by providing awareness posters and leaflets, information to help GPs support patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment for bladder cancer.
- Give talks to GPs and Primary Care teams on the subject of bladder cancer diagnosis, treatment and management.
- Support and attend events organized by the Primary Care Urology Society
Providing support & support materials:
- Provide posters and patient information leaflets to hospitals and clinics.
- Set up local support groups across the country that clinicians can refer their patients to.
- Provide clinicians details of our 1-to-1 Buddy Service that can be made available to all patients and carers.
- Provide details of our 24/7 confidential forum for all patients and carers.
Working with Secondary Care to:
- Support and attend events organised by the British Association of Urological Surgeons.
- Support and attend events organised by the British Association of Urological Nurses.
- Support and attend events organised by the British Urological Group.
Guidelines, guidance & events
We take part in drafting guidelines and guidance provided by NICE and the Scottish Medicines Consortium and assist in the scoping and recruitment for clinical trials. We can also assist in finding named lay members for clinical trial management boards.
Our founder, Andrew Winterbottom sits on the Bladder Cancer Clinical Studies Group and leads on bladder cancer for the European Cancer Patients Coalition.
Please contact us if you would like us to participate in an event that you are organizing or that we can help in any way. Posters and leaflets can be downloaded or multiple copies can be provide by emailing us with your requirements.
We also have a variety of pdf downloads of our patient and GP information booklets.
Healthcare contact form
We’ve done everything we can to make all the information on this site as accurate as possible. Whilst we have had support from a small team of medical professionals advisors to review the general medical content of this site, please remember, that only YOUR medical team can give YOU specific advice about YOUR symptoms or illness. We encourage you to discuss any potential options with them.